Growth Academy English is Taught Different
Our Primary English classes are 90-minute sessions and cover the following areas:
- A phonics program informed by research on the best practices for teaching spelling and phonics.
- Grammar conventions
- Explicit teaching to develop literacy skills in advanced comprehension and reading
- Develop reading fluency and understanding, develop vocabulary and spelling, speaking and listening skills
- Advanced writing techniques, including sentence and sentence building.
High School (7-12)
Our High School English classes are 90-minute sessions (7-10) or 120-minute sessions (11-12) and assist students in the following areas:
- Improved essay writing skills and textual synthesis of prescribed texts.
- Creative writing techniques that can be adapted to various stimuli.
- A comprehensive understanding of the NESA syllabus outcomes and technical analysis required for Stage 4-6 English.
- Various examination techniques when responding to a range of text types.
- We teach students how to communicate effectively to articulate their concepts and extend their learning into the real world.
Our tutors explain things clearly – even the hard stuff.
Expert Academic Mentors
From state-ranking tutors to highly qualified teachers. Our English team goes through extensive training and are passionate about all things English.
Our Educators facilitate insightful discussions to provide students with the most intimate first-hand understanding of school texts and explain the complex relationship dynamics underlying them. We cultivate ideas and people rather than just spoon-feeding answers.